Home » Blog 2 » Ahmed Blog 2

Ahmed Blog 2

The song I chose for today’s blog is “Falling in love” by Elvis Presley. Elvis Presley was a music artist who mainly focused on rock and roll music. Some other genres he contributed to were country and gospel music. Elvis’s interest in music began in 1954. The reason I find this song very interesting is because of the fact that growing up my dad use to play it all the time and I enjoyed how it sounds. Also, this song was featured in my favorite horror movie which is the conjuring. The melody in this song is very disjunct especially in the main chorus. The lyrics “I can help falling in love with you”, tend to have gaps in between them. I believe the texture of this piece would be considered homophonic because the music is accompanied by chords and is pop music.

Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love (Official Audio) – YouTube

Library OneSearch

Enter your search term and click Search to find an item in the CUNY catalog.

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

This course includes Open Educational Resources (OER), which are entirely cost-free and accessible online. Developed in the Open Knowledge Fellowship at The Graduate Center's Mina Rees Library, this work is made possible by state grant funding through the Office of Library Services.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.