Home » Blog 2 » Limo Blog 2

Limo Blog 2

The piece of music I chose to talk about today was “All Falls Down” by Kanye West. I really enjoy listening to this song whenever I wanna boost my mood. This is a hip-hop song that demonstrates a great example of rhythm. Kanye West is known for taking time on making his songs unique, as most would say. His whole career started when he chose to add lyrics to the beats he would create for other musical artists. I think making a beat for Jay-Z is what really opened his eyes to take his own music seriously. West would create beats for the rising artists in Chicago and become popular because of Channel Zero. This small news channel in Chicago grew bug once the small town producers on it, one being Kanye West, realized that they could reach their dreams if they kept trying hard enough. That’s when they realized they had a chance to achieve their dream and West didn’t give up. He got so popular there that he brought his talent all the way to New York. He watched other artists receive so much recognition for the beats of a song that he would create. The song I choose to talk about today is actually one of the first songs West took into record label offices to show them his talent. I would say this song shows a good example of texture because it has many beats going on at once, this song would fall best under the polyphony category. This is because the song features two relatively independent voices with Syleena Johnson being the featured artist in this song. Johnson sings the chorus while rapping phrases that he turns into verses. I would say the first verse of the song is what’s most interesting. The song follows the same beat the entire time while the verse and course switch.

Library OneSearch

Enter your search term and click Search to find an item in the CUNY catalog.

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

This course includes Open Educational Resources (OER), which are entirely cost-free and accessible online. Developed in the Open Knowledge Fellowship at The Graduate Center's Mina Rees Library, this work is made possible by state grant funding through the Office of Library Services.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.