Home » Blog 6 » Blog 6 Sun

Blog 6 Sun

The virtual concert I watched was “Yet to Come in Busan” performed by the South Korean boy band group, BTS. The genre of music they performed was kpop, and the concert took place at Asiad Stadium in Busan, South Korea. I chose to watch this concert because BTS is one of my favorite kpop groups, and I have always wanted to attend a BTS concert. During the concert, there was a lot of engagement between the performers and the audience. There would be moments during the concert where BTS members are just speaking to the fanbase, ARMY, and when members are singing songs, they will purposely not sing a line, because ARMY would sing along with them. BTS members were all very chill, and fans will also sing along and cheer. Overall, everyone at the concert was just enjoying themselves with no pressure. The dress style was also very casual, where everyone was able to express themselves through their own unique style. The concert matched my expectations, as I mostly vibed along with the performances while watching the recording.

In Unit 7, we mentioned “The Magic Flute,” which is a Singspiel, a German-language comic opera. When compared to this BTS concert, there are very noticeable differences, but also some similarities. The similarity is that both performances included singing, and the performers on stage would interact with one another. The differences are that the performers in the opera wore specific costumes for the character they played, while in the BTS concert, the members would wear casual styled clothing, and would also change their clothes to match the theme of the songs (ex: darker colors for more rough, edgy styles, and lighter colors for more cheerful, upbeat songs). Other differences are that there was no interaction or talking with the audience in the opera, while in the BTS concert, there was a lot interaction with the audience. The performers in the opera also had to follow a script, while BTS members were free to perform their songs in any way they wanted.

BTS: “Yet to Come in Busan” concert

Library OneSearch

Enter your search term and click Search to find an item in the CUNY catalog.

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

This course includes Open Educational Resources (OER), which are entirely cost-free and accessible online. Developed in the Open Knowledge Fellowship at The Graduate Center's Mina Rees Library, this work is made possible by state grant funding through the Office of Library Services.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.