Home » Blog 2 » Dejahnay Blog 2

Dejahnay Blog 2

The song i will be using is ” Love on the Brain” by Rihanna. Rihanna is a Barbadian singer , that sings mostly pop music.Popular music is commercial music made to please the audience but it is quickly forgotten, not to me of course. I was around 10 or 11 when this song came out (i was not supposed to be singing this song)but when i heard it on the teen choice awards i was obsessed. I feel as though i have a great relationship with this song it makes me think of love and being loved by others , it captures my vision of love even though its supposed to be a song that describes love and hate. Hopefully I get to dance to this song at my wedding. Two musical elements i noticed in this song are rhythm and melody. When the song first starts there is a repeating melody that continues into the chorus. Then it changes completely to where multiple instruments are playing at the same time opposed to the two instruments that were playing before. Her voice is very low pitched throughout the whole song but that what gives it the rhythm or (the bopping head affect as i like to say). During the pre chorus she starts to uses phrases to build up the chorus. A interesting moment in the song is when the harmony became Dissonant during the chorus but was switched back to consonant as son as the chorus was over. I think that is what made the song stand out to me because it just feels like she put her all in to that song.

Library OneSearch

Enter your search term and click Search to find an item in the CUNY catalog.

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

This course includes Open Educational Resources (OER), which are entirely cost-free and accessible online. Developed in the Open Knowledge Fellowship at The Graduate Center's Mina Rees Library, this work is made possible by state grant funding through the Office of Library Services.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.