Home » Blog 4 » You Blog 4

You Blog 4

The song that I chose is “Fire” by 2NE1. 2NE1 was a South Korean girl group who was active between the years of 2009 and 2016. This song “Fire” was released in 2010 in the album “2NE1” and was written by Teddy Park, lyricist. The tempo of this song was about 126 BPM and it has a very happy mood to it. The genre of this song is more of electro pop and the meaning behind it was for its role in the expansion of the “fierce” and “independent” image in the industry’s girl group scene.

(G)I-DLE, a South Korean girl group under Cube Entertainment who is active from 2018 to present. During the year of 2019, they attended a survival show where different girl groups compete for first place known as “Queendom.” In this show, (G)I-DLE covered 2NE1’s “Fire” as it was part of their mission for a stage performance. In this performance we can see the difference between the instruments thats being played and also some lyrics. From saying, “We are 2NE1,” they changed it to “We are I-DLE” during the beginning of the performance. In the original track, the instruments give of a hip hop vibe, while in (G)I-DLE’s performance they use different types of instruments to give of a “Africa” vibe. The similarities was the tempo, both at 126 BPM and the choreography was the same too. What I like about the setting change is that when it comes to both groups, even though it’s the same song 2NE1 was trying to express “fierce” in this song. On the other hand, in (G)I-DLE’s performance they are showing off a fresh vibe but also trying to let the audience know that they can adapt to any concept if they want to.

2NE1- FIRE (MV)

(G)I-DLE – FIRE (Cover Stage)

Library OneSearch

Enter your search term and click Search to find an item in the CUNY catalog.

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

This course includes Open Educational Resources (OER), which are entirely cost-free and accessible online. Developed in the Open Knowledge Fellowship at The Graduate Center's Mina Rees Library, this work is made possible by state grant funding through the Office of Library Services.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.